82North has worked with a lot of great companies working hard for their clients. We would like to introduce you to some:
- lancelee.org, revamping fundraising plans and helping groups diversify their strategies, Anisha Keeys-Robinson
- McGovern Consulting, Craig Sheffler-Collins, Sage implementation
- Pegasus Technologies, Matt Tucker
- Incite Solutions, Tom Scott (He wrote the 82North software - good stuff!)
- Metro Merchant Services, Jonathan Peters
DonorMarket, Inc. is a tax-exempt organization whose mission is to serve the non-profit industry with cost-effective online transactions. Receiving tax-exempt status as of December 21, 2007, DonorMarket is only beginning to get its pieces together. However, DonorMarket builds on the strength of 4 years of service through 82North, LLC; 82North continues for those organizations who have their own merchant account for financial activity which may not be at least partially tax-deductible.
DonorMarket, Inc. provides the online service gateway AND merchant account for tax-deductible donations, memberships, event registration and any other secure activity online. Donormarket also provides a service allowing non-profits the ability to solicit donations for specific projects at a specific funding level.
The donation, membership and event registration is easily understood. Here is an explanation of the Project Funding service:
The process is simple:
- Non-profits provide a description of a project, amount which they need for funding to get the project up and running, and contact information. A copy of their 501(c)3 tax letter is on file with DonorMarket. DonorMarket charges a 10% fulfillment fee which covers the cost of the secure site, the merchant bank card fees, administrative costs of the service including a disposable camera with which pictures of the project will be taken and loaded onto this website.
- Donors scroll through and donate to projects they deem valuable. They click on the "donate" button for each project they want to fund (in part or in full). The amount required for the project includes the 10% fulfillment charge. The donation is recognized by an email from 82North (the financial processor) to the nonprofit and to the donor. The donor will receive a donation letter from the nonprofit within the tax year of the donation for tax purposes.
- When the project has reached its funding goal, a check goes out to the non-profit.
- Within 6 months of funding, the non-profit will send DonorMarket a report on the project listing how the funds were spent and will include pictures of the project. A copy of the project report is available to the donor from the non-profit. Pictures of the projects will be available on this website.
- Details for both the donors and for the non-profits are available under Terms of Agreement; it is important that donors read both ToA to understand the requirements set for themselves as well as the non-profit. Non-profits should read both as well to understand what is expected of the donors.
PLEASE CLICK HERE FOR THE DONORMARKET WEBSITE WITH MORE DETAILS!